Soon Eutelsat Quantum will be launched into a geostationary orbit on board an Ariane 5 from Kourou. This advanced telecommunications satellite is revolutionary as it offers its users the ability to reconfigure the satellite while in orbit. This offers a previously unknown degree of flexibility during its 15-year lifetime. It allows for satellites of this type to be mass-produced, making them extremely interesting for commercial parties and industry. The satellite was developed as an ESA partnership project with operator Eutelsat and prime contractor Airbus working together with ESA to share the risk of developing this innovative piece of technology.
This VNR includes interviewes with :
– Elodie Viau, Director of Telecommunications and Integrated Applications, ESA – in English & French
– Simon Weinberg, Quantum Project Manager, ESA – in English
– Christophe Dallest, Quantum Project Manager, Airbus Defence and Space – in English & French
– Frederic Piro, Director Eutelsat Quantum Programme, Eutelsat – in English
– François Gaullier, SVP Telecommunications Systems – Space Systems, Airbus Defence and Space – in English